Best of the RNC: Mitt Romney
Are you better off now then you were four years ago?
That is the question Ronald Reagan asked when he ran against Jimmy Carter in the 1980 election. Fast forward 32 years and this is the same question that Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney asked the American people during his acceptance speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
His speech was centered around his vision for the future and contrasted it to the last four years under President Obama. He focused on his philosophy of liberation and the need to free people in the classic American way and let them use their talents and abilities to improve their own lives and that of their families. He spoke about his conservative principles and stressed that “We don’t belong to the government, the government belongs to us”
Confidence in his Vice President, Paul Ryan:
- I have chosen a man with a big heart from a small town. He represents the best of America, a man who will always make us proud
- A strong and caring leader who is down to earth and confident in the challenge this moment demands.
- When President Kennedy challenged Americans to go to the moon, the question wasn’t whether we’d get there, it was only when we’d get there
- The strength and power and goodness of America has always been based on the strength and power and goodness of our communities, our families, our faiths
- We enjoy the freedoms of religion, speech, opportunity, and the freedom to build a business, with your own hands
- But today, four years from the excitement of the last election, for the first time, the majority of Americans now doubt that our children will have a better future.
- You did it because your family depended on you. You did it because you’re an American and you don’t quit. You did it because it was what you had to do.Family and Love:
Family and Love:
- My mom and dad gave their kids the greatest gift of all—the gift of unconditional love. They cared deeply about who we would BE, and much less about what we would DO.
- All the laws and legislation in the world will never heal this world like the loving hearts and arms of mothers and fathers
- I knew that her job as a mom was harder than mine, and I knew that her job as a mom was more important than mine.
1. By 2020 North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of oil, coal and gas and nuclear sources.
2. Improving education; giving every parent school choice and every student a chance.
3. By creating new trade agreements to open new markets and to export more US goods
4. To attack the deficits and put America back on track to a balanced budget through budget cuts not tax increases
5. Encourage and promote small businesses